Salsa Verde Chicken Tacos are one of my favorite things to make, especially when I have a busy week planned. These are so easy to make. Yesterday, I almost forgot about them, but was able to run into the kitchen in between meetings and get these started in less than 10 minutes. Then when I finished work, they were ready to eat.
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- taco seasoning or seasoning of your choice
- 16 oz jar of salsa verde
- Season the chicken (on both sides) with the taco seasoning or spices of your choice. I use the homemade taco seasoning that I made and keep on hand.
- Place chicken in the crockpot and top with the jar of salsa verde.
- Cook on low for 3 and a half hours.
- I think this has too much liquid in it, so I pull the chicken out to shred it and then large spoonfuls of the salsa to the chicken and mix together until desired consistency.
We usually use this chicken for chicken tacos. Here are the points values for the tacos:
- Salsa Verde Chicken – 0 points
- Carb Counter Snack Size Tortillas – 1 point each
- Light Sour Cream – 2 points for 2 TBSP (I split this among across several tacos)
- Cheese – usually around 1 – 3 points, depending on if I’m using fat free or not
- Lettuce & Tomato – 0 points
What are your favorite healthy crock pot meals?